I have been at Makerere University and now going in my 3rd year. I can perfectly understand how weekends can get so boring more especially for freshers and people who don’t have so many friends. Although most people spend their weekends clubbing, having drink up…doing small private parties,going to the beach sometimes or playing video games…not everyone can afford to live that kind of life. Here I will list the cheapest way to go about your weekend at MUK;
- Friday Night Live (FNL) at YMCA, here you go to watch basketball games, sometimes their free sometimes you only pay 5k entrance and if your lucky you could get hooked cause their also YMCA girls.
- Game Club…this is just after YMCA, it’s always full on Saturday’s and with a little entrance fee. A beer is at 5k and you can get hooked too.
- Get a few friends and head Entebbe to one of those beaches for a Sunday, I highly recommend you go after lunch so you spend less on just transportation.
- If you know how to swim, you could to Olympia hostel or there’s a hostel towards Bwaise just before you cross the northern by pass. Swimming is 4k, that could help kill a Sunday afternoon.
- Be alert for university activities, like every Saturday theirs a comedy show around the swimming pool, there porridge nights and other fan events. Just be alert.
- If you a gamer, you could go to Ham towers basement and play video games with friends.
- If you have a laptop, go to the library with a network cable and download movies for the weekend.
Credit: Wad Luis Wad